Scottie and Megany plus Tristan =

The Woodruff Family

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ouray, Colorado

For the 4th of July, Scott & I went to Ouray, Colorado to stay with his aunt & uncle at their place. We spent time with in-laws, cousins, and friends and just had a grand time! I had never been to Colorado before and if no one has, it is absolutely gorgeous! I loved every minute there and can't wait to go back.
Here is Meli on the drive up to Colorado. I made her sit in the back because her "spear-like paws" hurt me when she walks all over my legs. Its annoying lol
Before we went to Ouray, we stopped at Telluride. Scott's Aunt Jean & Uncle Bill were there with everyone else and were going to hike down the mountain. Isn't this a gorgeous view? We took the gondola up and we were even allowed to take our dogs. So the weenie dog got quite the exercise when we hiked down the mountain. I think she dropped like 4 pounds hah!Amanda, Callie, Weston, Scott, Meli, Me Telluride from the other side of the mountain
I'm showing you were we are at on the map! Telluride is also a ski resort and it is HUGE! Look at all the different places you can go skiing!
Lupine flowers, they are so pretty and cool
This is the Colorado State Flower. Aunt Jean told me what it was called but I don't remember.






Over in Ouray, we went to the Black Canyon Falls. They were so pretty and amazing!
Scott overlooking the small town of Ouray
Black Canyon Falls


I thought that this might've been a joke, but there really are tons of lil chipmunks just running around. And they are so cute I wanted one!
This is a little stream by Scott's aunt's house. When you follow it you actually come across a beautiful waterfall.
Weenie dog loves water!
We are hiking up to the waterfall
Meli & Scottie after crossing the stream


Soooooo pretty
On the 4th of July, this town has lots of activities going on. They had this tournament between two couples spraying a fire hose at each other and seeing who could last the longest. It was the most funnest thing I have ever seen and I think I should compete next time!
These couples in the blue and yellow were actually girls!!
Billy being a goof
Here's another couple but these are guys
The firework show was incredible! We went down with some of Scott's cousin's friends to the park and watched them. We could see them perfectly because they shot up right between the mountains in plain, perfect view. My camera wasn't that amazing at getting pics, but they are still "hecka" cool - (courtesy of Kirk).


The weenie dog found Cutler Creek and just had to show Casey & Kimber that she is missing them! :) lol
Here is the grand finale of the fireworks. It's pretty neat!
This is the fire hose fight. Sorry about the beginning, the water came over to where we were standing and we got soaked.
The adventerous Meli crossing the humungous river!

8 comments:

Kimber said...

THat tripp looked like so much fun! I'm so jealous you guys went and I didn't get to! And thanks so much for the shout out!!!! Haha I LOVED it!

Amber said...

Megan and Scott, it looked like the best place to go for the 4th of July, what fun! I was really sad after I saw what you guys got to do because we really didn't do anything for the first time this 4th. I was jealous but in a good way. I 'm so glad you guys went up there. Meli looked like she had a great time to. I loved the pictures you guys took. A couple of years ago we went to Durango Colorado for the 4th and it was wonderful I think we need to do that again.

Bear said...

Cute! It looks like you guys had so much fun. I remember how it is so beautiful there. Great pictures. I like the one of you four and your pups at Telluride.

Stephen and Erin said...

Wow I can't believe how beautiful it is there! Looks like you guys had so much fun!! The chipmunk crossing picture is my favorite, it totally seems like something you would laugh at!

cutter2005 said...

I love the SIGN! Thanks for thinking about us. We miss the Meli dog and you both as well.

Scottie and Megany said...

erin im so glad that you liked the chipmunk crossing sign too! haha

Cherri said...

You were pretty brave to put your camera up there running the video to catch the water fight!

Scottie and Megany said...

i know! but it was worth it and it was fun getting that on video. cherri we have to go again - i loved ouray!