Funny Story!!
Alright, so Scott and I are the Sunbeam teachers in our ward. We have been for over a year, and it has been really fun and quite the challenge.
This last Sunday, we had a full class of kids (which is 7 children). Two boys, and five girls. Well, during Sharing Time, we were sitting down and just listening to the lesson. Then one of our boys gets up and starts walking to the door, holding himself, and saying he needs to go potty. (His name is Tyler by the way). (And his mom also is in Primary. She teaches the 5 and 6 year olds and sits right behind us). Anyways, so I have never had to help a little boy go to the bathroom. Scott usually did that, but because of certain circumstances, he had to stay and watch another little girl.
So I got to take Tyler to the bathroom, which I don't mind at all. We get to the bathroom and we went into a stall (which was one of the smaller ones). I had asked him if he needed help, and he replied "Yes". He pulled down his pants and then just stood next to the toliet looking at me. He didn't even stand in front of it. So I wasn't sure if he knew how to pee standing up or if he peed sitting down. So... I just took him and sat him on the toliet. He seemed like he knew what he was doing, and he tried to make sure that his little thing stayed pointed down in the toliet, but it didn't really work. He ended up peeing on me... Haha It just sprayed my leg and I just didn't really say anything because I didn't want to embaress him. I was afraid if I did say something, he wouldn't ever want to go to the bathroom ever again! Luckily, there was a lady who's daughter is in our class and she had wipees. I borrowed a couple of them to clean it all off. So it was no big deal. I got it all cleaned and we walked back to sharing time.
Afterwards, his mom asked me if he had peed his pants because she had seen him holding himself as we walked out. I told her that he didn't, he just accidentally peed on me. She was soo embaressed! I told him not to worry about it, and everything was just fine.
Later that night, we were over at Weston and Amanda's house visiting with family, and Sis. Brown (Tyler's mom) called Scott looking for me. I took the phone and she asked me where I was at the moment. I told her we were at Weston's (and she lives right around the corner) and she said that she wanted to have Tyler come over and apologize to me. I was like, "Oh my goodness, you don't need too. It is just fine!" But she insisted. I thought she was making him say sorry to me and I felt bad because it really wasn't that big of a deal and I know he wasn't trying to pee on me. I went outside and waited for them to walk on over.
When I saw them, I started walking toward them and I noticed that Tyler had some stuff in his hands. Sis. Brown turned to Tyler and was like, "Do you need to say something to Sis. Woodruff?" and he was like, "Sis. Woodruff, I'm sorry I peed on you." He gave me this big ol' hug and then he gave me three bags of popcorn because it is his favorite treat and he wanted to share it with me. It was the CUTEST thing! I hugged him back and told him not to worry about it. Sis. Brown told me that at the dinner table, Tyler said he was sad and he wanted to come say sorry to me. And then, Bro. Brown was all grossed out, saying that it was disgusting that Tyler peed on me. I told her, thats probably why women take care of children.
I know it was gross that he accidentally peed on me, but I just didn't really care because he's a little kid. I know he was trying really hard to go to the bathroom. It was so funny! Also, lil Tyler is so cute when he says my name or when he talks because he's got this cute little lisp! You just couldn't be mad or upset at this sweet 3 year old.


5 comments:
Funny! Next time you will either tell him to point the other way or move quicker!!
Mom
HOLY COW THAT IS SO FUNNY!! Little kids are the greatest!
goodness SOOOOOO adorable! haha
You are so funny. I love it.
HAHA Thats really funny!! He sounds like such a cute little kid!
Post a Comment